Stock Market Application: Which App to Choose to Invest in 2022?
As the saying goes, it is to his tools that we recognize the good worker. So if you want to invest in the stock market and do it well, you will need the right tools and in particular the right sites. That’s good, at Finance Heroes, we are always on the lookout for the best, so we made you a selection of the best stock market sites and the best stock market applications !
The Best Sites to Invest in The Stock Market
Let’s start at the beginning. To invest in the stock market, you must necessarily go through a stock exchange broker. As much as in his time, your grandfather had to send a letter or go directly to the Stock Exchange to place his orders. As much, today, everything is happening on a website. The cheapest stockbrokers are online. Avoid the services of your traditional bank.
Without further ado, here is our top 3 of the best stockbrokers :
Warning: remember that investing exposes you to the risk of capital loss. In addition, the use of CFDs entails significant loss risks since 68% of the individuals who use them lose money at eToro and 72% at XTB.
DEGIRO, a broker of Dutch origin, tops the best sites for the variety of assets available on the platform. Most importantly, you can invest for free on a large number of stocks and ETF (listed in Euronext Paris or New York). If you want to set up passive management, also know that DEGIRO offers many ETFs without brokerage fees ! The application for Android and iPhone is site-compliant: simple and efficient.
Next come XTB and eToro, two more oriented trading sites that allow you to buy and sell about 2,000 shares at no cost. XTB is more aimed at experienced investors, while on the contrary, the eToro site is designed for beginners. If the transactions are free on the shares and the ETFs, you should however know that trading with leverage involves costs.
You will notice that French online banks are not included in our track record and for good reason, they are much more expensive. We tell you our opinions on the Boursorama securities account, for example, or on that of Fortuneo.
Mobile Applications of Neobrokers
The past few years have also been the emergence of new actors, called or, in line with the famous neobanks. These 100% mobile brokers are mainly aimed at young working people who are discovering the investment for the first time. They are distinguished by one of the very refined, very simple applications, which focus on essential functionalities. Here are our two favorites :
Trade Republic and BUX offer an app and a securities account that allow you to buy stocks and ETFs for 1 euro only.
However, we have a preference for Trade Republic: with around 8,000 shares and over 1,000 ETFs, the range of assets is indeed much wider than on BUX. In addition, this Fintech offers an interesting innovation. You can, in fact, schedule investments every month or every 15 days to invest without thinking about it any more. This is ideal for passive management enthusiasts. Find our full opinion on Trade Republic here.
The Best Stock Market News Sites
To follow stock market news, the site refers in France. However, you will only find very generalist news there, often centered on France. Here are some other sites to broaden your horizons :
- LaTribune and BFM Business, two sites that will also allow you to follow economic and financial news, in France and internationally.
- the Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal, the two most famous sites in the United States for tracking financial news.
- Oilprice.com, an excellent site that tracks the news of raw materials and, in particular, that of energies. Ideal for those who want to invest in oil.
- Bloomberg, known for its stock market software for professionals, also publishes a very good financial news website.
The Best Sites and Applications to Track the Stock Market
Investing.com is the site I use the most to track financial markets as a whole. The smartphone application is very well done, I use it much more than the site, although the information is identical. Investing has several advantages :
- there is a very large asset hedge ;
- the lessons are live ;
- you can define one or more lists of favorite titles and thus have access to them in two clicks ;
- you can also define one or more portfolios ;
- you can set alerts on price levels and relative variations, which allows you not to keep monitoring prices over and over but to be warned in case of significant variation.
Investing is not the only option you can use, among others :
- Stocks, which is quite similar to Investing but which has a much more developed social network aspect.
- Yahoo Finance, which also has a large catalog of financial titles. The advantage of Yahoo Finance is that you can download the historical data if you want to do further analysis later.
- The Bloomberg application also very well for taking stock prices live
The Best Technical Analysis Sites
TradingView is undoubtedly one of the best technical analysis sites. The graphic module is the most advanced on the web and, moreover, free access. You can trace all your analyzes there, compare the prices of different assets, add technical indicators like the RSI, the MACD, Bollinger bands or automatically display the chartist figures of your choice.
On TradingView, you can also share your analyzes and take advantage of those of other members. A premium version allows you to have even more options. The mobile application is also of very good quality.
If you want to place orders directly from your technical analyzes, you can rest on the best trading platforms :
- XTB, a broker we already talked about above and whose trading station does not have to blush against TradingView ;
- Capital.com, which is also an excellent broker whose graphic module is based on TradingView technology. We give you our opinion on capital.com here.
The Best Quantitative Analysis Sites
Here are some sites that will allow you to deepen your knowledge of the financial markets. We are not talking about news here but about scientific knowledge, documented and reliable. Unfortunately, I only have sites in English to offer you, but they are worth looking into.
- Research Affiliates is a consulting and investment company that works with management companies and hedge funds. The company created in 2002 reports $ 170 billion managed through their strategies. Research Affiliates analysts regularly publish excellent quality articles. They mainly deal with smart beta, factor investing or diversification. The site also provides forecasting and asset allocation tools that can help you implement your investment strategies.
- Bridgewater is one of the best performing hedge funds of its generation. Founded in 1975 by Ray Dalio, the fund directly or indirectly manages around 160 billion euros. The hedge fund regularly publishes financial and economic analyzes on its site and their social networks. Ideal for having an overview of the economic and stock market situation.
- AQR, another renowned Hedge Fund, whose analyzes are at the crossroads of academic research and stock market analysis.
The Best Fundamental Analysis Sites
If you are rather one and you are looking for stock ideas to invest in, here are some stock market sites that can help you :
- SeekingAlpha: this is a stock exchange site dedicated to fundamental analysis, you will find investment suggestions, analyzes on future stock market introductions and, in a premium version, a ranking of the best stocks to buy.
- Stockopedia is also a stock exchange site dedicated to fundamental analysis. This time the paid version is mandatory but the tools are much more advanced. Not only can you select your actions based on different criteria, but you can also make sure that they are effective.
And of course, to train you in all aspects of the stock market and the management of your heritage, you can find all the articles of Finance Heroes !